Saturday, August 7, 2010

Special Event

Today was a very special day for me and Eva. Six of my dear friends hosted a shower to welcome Eva home.
It gave me the opportunity to introduce her and show her off!!
I was truly overwhelmed with the turnout and since the shower I keep thinking of the saying "it takes a village to raise a child". Everyone there today has shared a part in our journey to Eva whether it be through prayer, words of encouragement, mutual support, and most importantly friendship. Today I celebrated with my "village"!!
Eva did extremely well! She spent the morning in her "eating" chair like a queen on her throne! Towards the end she ventured out and was very excited with her newest toys!
My heartfelt thanks to Allison, Bridget, Mrs. Sue, Molly, Mary and Dawn for a beautiful morning, you truly outdid yourselves; and to everyone who attended. Your thoughtfulness and generosity has blessed our family. Eva is set for the next few years with clothes and toys!!

1 comment: