Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's Beginning to Look alot like Christmas!

I was so excited to spend time this past week decorating for Christmas!  I have always loved this time of the year, but it's extra special this year!!   
Eva had the honor of hanging the first ornament on the kids tree...it is a cloisonne mouse/rat that we bought while in China symbolizing the Chinese New Year 2008; the year she was born.
Ornaments on our trees are so special to me.  Whether it be an ornament from one of our vacations, handmade ornaments by the boys, or an ornament we bought that reminded us of something special that had happened during that year...I love seeing them again and reminiscing over the memory that each one recalls.  This year it was extremely special to see the ornaments that we have bought each year as we waited for Eva.  I can't wait to get in the one that I ordered for this year..our Forever Family 2010 ornament!!
Kids Completed Tree

My wonderful friend and neighbor, Mrs. Sue, spent two days helping me decorate!  It either would have taken me a week to do what we did in those days or I may not have ever gotten it all done if left on my own.  Thank you SO much Mrs. Sue!!
Completed Family Tree

Eva got in on more decorating by arranging her own Chinese inspired centerpiece.  It was a coincidence that the chopsticks were left out on the counter while we were setting up.  The next thing we knew, Eva was sticking them in and now the beautiful arrangement sits atop our breakfast table!
This afternoon the boys had their piano recital, so while everyone was dressed for the occasion, we went to take their yearly picture, and Eva's first, with "HoHo" as she calls Santa.  While waiting in line she was smiling and waving to him, but when it was our turn for her to sit on his lap she would have nothing to do with that!
 
 After a promise of a cookie (imagine that) she reluctantly sat on Noah's lap for a quick pic!!
Eva is loving all of the sights and sounds of Christmas...especially the lights.  We are loving being able to share all of our Christmas traditions with her and creating new memories together!  She loves the Little People Nativity Set and I just watched her give baby Jesus a bottle...how precious is that?!!  This is what CHRISTmas is all about!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog via a Google search for 2010 forever family Christmas ornaments. If you don't mind me asking, which one did you get? I've seen Hallmark ones from the past 10 years but none for 2010 and this is the year our son came home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethany! I could not find any true forever family ornaments for 2010. Christopher Radko has a pretty adoption ornament but it still wasn't quite what I was looking for so I ordered ours from LillianVernon.com. It's called Happy Family Holiday Ornament. I put a character on the front for each of our family members, and on the back in place of our family name I put Forever Family. The year 2010 is pre-printed. It's just the closest thing I could find to commemorate this occasion.

    Your Elijah is precious!! Congratulations on your sweet family!!

    ReplyDelete