Saturday, December 11, 2010

Marathon Man

After 3 1/2 months of training, Noah ran his first 1/2 marathon this morning!  I don't know who was more nervous, him or me??  I don't let him ride his bike around the block and here I was sending him on his way for 13.1 miles!!
He's worked really hard for this day and we knew he was prepared, but it's still pretty daunting to stand there waiting to run this far.  Fortunately the weather was beautiful, a little windy, but with temps in the low 60's and some cloud coverage you couldn't ask for much better this time of year. 

It was so hard waiting for him, my heart was beating as hard as if I was running with him!  I've never been so happy to see him as I was when he came around that final turn!!
All of his effort really paid off...he finished in 2:07:37!!
He was the youngest runner at age 10!  His P.E. coach, who has encouraged and supported him all along the way, was there and presented him with this trophy at the end of the run.
And of course we were all there to cheer him on!!  
Noah, I've said it before and I'll say it again, We are so proud of you!!  Your courage and determination are inspiring to us.  Congratulations on a race well run!!

"I raced...I finished...I kept the faith."  2 Timothy 4:7

4 comments: