Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

What a beautiful Easter weekend we had...celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior with incredible weather, family and friends!
Friday evening we enjoyed a very tasty fish fry with great friends!  Unfortunately I was too busy stuffing my face and didn't take any pictures :(  The food was terrific and the fellowship awesome!  Thank you to the Drouilhet's for having us over!!

Saturday morning I took the kids to our church's annual Easter festival.  There were games, fun jumps and of course an Easter egg hunt!
After their baskets were full, we all met for lunch at David's brothers house and enjoyed time spent with family. It's so fun for Eva to have cousins her age to play with when we get together.
As if we weren't full enough from all the good eats at lunch, we headed to my mom's for dinner.

Back at home, we made our traditional Resurrection cookies.  I have to admit that sometimes I wonder if these traditions I've started mean as much to the kids as they do me.  A few days after Christmas, Nicholas came to me quite upset saying that we forgot to make these cookies. He was so relieved when I reminded him that we make them at Easter and it was nice for me to know that our traditions are just as important to them as they are to us.
Easter morning, after discovering all the loot the Easter Bunny left (he's as good as Santa!), we pulled our cookies out of the oven.  Taking a bite into them, we discovered they were hollow, just as Jesus' followers were amazed to find the tomb open and empty that first Easter morning.  "He is not here; He has RISEN" Matthew 28:6
After worshiping at our church Easter service, and having the rest of the day free, we loaded up bikes and headed to a local state park.  We were thrilled to find the deer out of the woods and so close that we could feed them; discovered an alligator, lots of turtles and other beautiful wildlife.
  Such a wonderful way to end our incredible Easter weekend, enjoying all of God's creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment