Tuesday, April 5, 2011

1st Annual Girl's Weekend

Here's a new fact we have learned about Eva...
Our girl is a 2 1/2 year old power shopping machine!!
This past weekend Eva was invited on a shopping trip with some of her favorite girl's (lucky for me I was allowed to tag along too)!
Our 5 1/2 hour car ride to some of the best outlet shopping in the South at San Marcos, Texas began pretty early on Friday morning.  We definitely needed some "fuel" to get us going so early...
We shopped for 7 hours, two days in a row and got no complaints from our little super shopper.  When not walking, she was content to ride in the stroller...
take a power nap while waiting for the next big purchase...
or even stop to take pictures with a "friend" along the way...
Of course her favorite part was when we stopped to eat!  What would any respectable girl's weekend be without food and especially a yummy milkshake??!!
From the smile on her face I would say that this weekend was a huge success!
It was really special for me to be able to spend a weekend like this shopping with my daughter.  It is something that I have looked forward to for many years!!
Thanks for a great weekend friends!!  We already have our calendars marked for next year! 

3 comments:

  1. What a cute post! That first pic of Eva is so funny - she looks like a little shopping diva - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a shopping trip with your daugther. I had a little retail therapy with my oldest daughter yesterday. Good memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your stories. My daughter was adopted at 7.5 y/o. She, too, was born with congenital ptosis of both eyes. She had an opthalmic plastic surgeon repair them about 5 months after she was home.
    Your daughter is precious...as is your family.

    I lived in Lafayette for about 10 years and taught school in New Iberia and Church Point. I'm back in my homestate now.

    Keep posting. You'll be glad you did -- as a documentation of Eva's life.

    Best,
    Vicki
    http://waiting4emily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete