Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ni Hao from Beijing CHINA!

Beijing Airport
.
We MADE it!! After nearly 24 hours of "marathon" travel we have arrived. I think I ran my first 5K today in the Chicago airport so that we could make our connection to Beijing! We are thanking God that we made all of our connections; our luggage arrived and our guide was still waiting for us at the Beijing Airport even when we were over an hour late.

The boys have been great travelers! We were all quite surprised that the 13 hour flight was not as bad as expected. Each seat had it's own monitor where you could choose from a variety of movies, tv shows and video games. The food was pretty good and we all managed to get at least a little bit of sleep.

It is now 3am here on Thursday and fortunately we have nothing planned for tomorrow. We plan on sleeping most of the day and getting out a bit in the afternoon. Our planned tours begin on Friday.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes!! I enjoy reading your emails and comments!
.

The first screen of our Flight Plan!!

Nicholas liked the Video Games!

Noah's favorite...Pizza!!

7 comments:

  1. I tracked your flight live on the web and saw when you guys landed. We are all praying and know God's grace will be with you throughout your journey. Praying all will continue to ge well.

    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you in China. I will definitely enjoy reading your blog and seeing photos. I am so excited for you to get your precious little girl. Tell David, Dawn and the boys we said hi and that ya'll are in our prayers. Suzanne Partin

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You made it! I am keeping you all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you guys made it. I thought about you guys all last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you made it and you all did great on the flight! Praying that you settle in quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! You are there... You are now in the same country as your daughter! I can't wait to be in that place too. Have fun and be safe. We are hoping all goes well when you get Eva!
    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking of you guys and praying for you! Glad to see you made it and all is going well. I know the next few hours will be the hardest wait you will experience (it was for me) but Gotcha Day is almost here! I am praying for your family, Eva and her caregivers on the eve of a wonderful and difficult moment in everyone's lives. Can't wait to see pictures and read your blogs.

    ReplyDelete