Monday, July 5, 2010

Packed and Ready to Go!

Packed for 5!!! (Will we even use half this stuff??!!)

Activities to Keep the Boys Busy!
Car Seat Ready to Bring Her Home!
.
I still just can't believe this day has finally come! In less than 24 hours we will begin a journey that we have dreamed about for over 4 years. I am having a very hard time putting into words the way that I am feeling right now. Besides the obvious excitement, I am nervous, overwhelmed, joyful, scared, anxious…you name it and I have probably been feeling it!!
.
I keep thinking about Eva and that she probably has no idea how her life is about to change. I think about the ladies at the orphanage who have been raising her for the last 2 years and the loss they may feel when she is gone. The birthparents who probably still think about her daily and have no idea how she is doing. I pray for a peace that only comes from God for all of them.
.
I keep thinking about all of you who have supported and encouraged our family over the past few years and especially these last few months. I know that for many of you, you have had to listen to more than an earful of adoption related details and I just want you to know how much I appreciate you letting me share my heart with you!
.
When we come to mind over the next 2 ½ weeks, we do have some specific prayer requests that we would really appreciate you lifting up:

  • For our friend Dawn, who is joining us on this adventure, little does she know what she has gotten herself into (we are very thankful to have her along!)
  • Travel Safety (July 6th – 24th) and for all of our luggage to make it too;
  • Good Health for Us & Eva;
  • For Eva not to have any Vision Problems;
  • Good Weather throughout our Trip;
  • Eva to be filled with a Peace that only comes from God when she meets us for the First Time;
  • Wonderful Time of Bonding and Getting to Know one another;
  • For those who have cared for Eva the past 2 years at the Orphanage; we are so grateful to them for taking care of all these precious children;
  • For Eva's Birth Parents; that somehow God would give them a peace of knowing she’s cared for and loved; and
  • That we might be a Light to someone in China

Our plan is to update this blog daily while we are in China. We should also be able to receive email while we are away. There is also a copy of our full itinerary under the "Letters to Read" section on the right hand side of the blog.

Thank you all SO much. We love you and can’t wait until we are ALL back home!!

10 comments:

  1. Kelly!! I am SO excited for y'all. I pray that you will be able to get some rest tonight, as I'm sure you are so ready to go that winding down might be tough!

    I'm so glad you plan to blog during your trip--I can't wait to see what blessings the Lord has in store for you and baby Eva!!

    Praying even now,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!!! Praise God that it is your time to go!!! May God bless your journey. I'll be praying and following along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! You all will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO excited for your family!!! I cannot wait to follow your blog while you're in China. You all are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for your family!! I can't wait to follow your blog while you all are in China! I'll be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking of you today driving to work. I will be praying for all of those and much more during your journey. I am so excited for you and your family. I can't wait to meet Eva. Also, blogspot does not work in China and you will need to email someone to update or use Microsoft spaces blog. China restricts access to blogspot and everything google.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so excited to meet Eva! We will be praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops - sorry for the double posting earlier today. I didn't think the first one went through so I posted again and then they both went through. Anyway...just sending you all lots of good wishes :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings to you and your family! I am praying for all your requests and pray that He will cover you with His grace and carry you all through this whole process from luggage, to enduring the long flights, to bonding with Eva. Are you going to be able to see Angie? Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Guys! We just saw your latest posting and Michelle said Eva was sooo cute. We are praying that all goes well tomorrow and that ya'll continue to have safe travels. We can't wait to see Eva (especially Michelle)when ya'll return home. We love ya'll and Michelle says to be carefull. The Mallett's ;]

    ReplyDelete